Girl Guides of Canada
Guiding is the place for today's girls
160th Edmonton Girl Guides • September to May
You won’t believe what girls in Guiding do today. From eco-activities, sports, camping, science and technology, to fashion design, advocacy and community service projects, Guiding has something for everyone. We offer a wide variety of age-appropriate program activities and challenges that.
Find Your Fun Factor!
- Guiding means fun, friendship and adventure.
- Guiding is a safe, all-girl environment that allows you to express yourself, find your voice and meet new friends.
- Guiding provides you with exciting opportunities to try new things and learn by doing, along with other girls your age.
- Guiding provides career awareness, leadership training, problem solving, time management and goal setting skills and addresses the challenges of today ’s girls and young women.
We welcome all girls to be part of the following groups:
- Sparks - 5 and 6 year olds
- Brownies - 7 and 8 year olds
- Guides - 9 to 11 year olds
- Pathfinders - 12 to 14 year olds
- Rangers - 15 to 17 + year olds
Registration is always open and girls can join anytime during the year.
September until the end of April
Beavers (ages 5 to 7) and Cubs (ages 8 to 10) meet every Wednesday at Parkallen School.
Their activities include: cooperative games, crafts, learning about our changing world, developing new skills (such as camp craft, first aid, leadership and responsibility), building racing cars (Cubs), field trips to places of interest, camping, community service projects, collecting bottles and raising money in other ways. These programs are sponsored by the Parkallen Community League.
From September until the end of May
Scouts (ages 11 to 14) and Venturers (ages 15 to 17) meet every Wednesday.
Their activities include: hiking, camping, exploring, summer and winter sports and community service. Parents and guardians and community members are invited to assist with the program and attend ceremonies and special activities.
If you are interested in registering your son or daughter in one of these programs for 2015/16, please contact:
Robert Leddy at 780-903-0878
First Meeting, Program Information and Registration Night:
September 9, 2015 - 6:30 PM to 7:50 PM Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Venturers.
We are also looking for program leaders! - Scouts Canada provides an excellent training program!
If you are interested in registering your daughter into this unit, or desire information on other local units please contact Edmonton Area Guides.
Wednesdays 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.