Summer Playground Leader Wanted!
The Parkallen Community League is seeking a student for a full-time summer position as a Playground Leader.
Monday to Friday at Ellingson Park (6510 111 St. Edmonton)
July and August 2018: two - three 1-9 pm shifts / two to three 9-5pm shifts
The person we are looking for…
• will love working with children between four and fourteen years old
• will be able to organize groups of children for games like capture the flag, tag, sardines, foursquare, home base etc.
• be able to manage rainy days with access to the community hall for crafts and indoor activities
The Playground Leader will be responsible for the following:
• Lead children/youth in recreational activities
• Ensure the safety of participants
• Work with volunteers and occasional city staff
• Prepare daily and weekly plans and evaluations of activities
• Maintain statistics as well as the security of equipment and supply inventory
• Act as a customer service representative on program sites for parents and community members
• Other related duties as required
• Completion of grade 12, must be a returning post-secondary student
• Some experience working with the general public, children and other program users
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR (level B) or equivalent are required prior to commencing employment
• A clear Police Information Check, including Vulnerable Sector check will be required required prior to commencing employment
Salary: $17 /hour
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Closing date for applications will be June 15, 2018